2020 Franklin Rodeo Parade
Saturday, May 9th • 12:00 Noon • Downtown Franklin
NOTE: Parade is RAIN OR SHINE –
delay if lightning
Please review the PARADE ENTRY AGREEMENT prior to submitting your entry.
Please refer to the staging map and information at the bottom of the page. We will NOT contact you in advance, just show up and we will feed each entry into the parade lineup!
Parade Entrant Information (Parade Day)
Staging area: Jim Warren Park, near the corner of Boyd Mill Ave and Highway 96 West.
You will be lining up roughly in the order in which you arrive — Our Rotary Parade manager will assist you with this on site, so please check in with him when you arrive. Please also only park your horse trailers in the designated areas (other areas of the park have sprinkler heads that might get damaged if driven over).
You will line up on a first-come, first-served basis, BEHIND the Rotary Pick-up truck at the front of the horses section.
As you probably are aware the Parade begins at Noon. Please be in place well in advance of start time, as line up will begin 11:45 a.m. Give yourself plenty of time to prepare your horse as well.
Staging area: Freedom Intermediate School off Hwy 96 West and Glass Ln.
- Floats line up in front of the school in two rows – first come, first serve. You will join the parade off Glass Ln. and Hwy 96 W
- A parade number is then assigned is so that you can be announced on the town square by the MC
Staging area: Johnson Elementary School off Glass Lane and 11th Ave
- You will line up and join the parade at 11th and Hwy 96 West
- Can we have people walk next to our float? Yes, as long as they keep up
- Can we hand things out along the way? Yes, as long as it is not political in nature
- How about candy? Yes as long as it is not thrown from the float/vehicle but handed out by a walker. Also it’s best to wait on handing out candy until about 3rd street so as not to run out too soon.
- Can we tow a trailer? Yes
- What time should we show up? Working backward:
- Parade starts at noon
- Line ups from 11:45
- Road closings from 11:30
- Traffic snarls around downtown around 11:00
- Riders arrive at staging areas around 10:30
- What do we do at the end of the parade?
- The parade route will take you onto 11th and then left on Boyd Mill Ave and drop you off at Jim Warren Park. Take a right onto Boyd Mill and you are back to the staging area.
- Once back at the staging area you are free to depart.
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS RODEO TRADITION!