Press Pass Requirements
(SUBMISSION FORM IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE)
The Franklin Rodeo encourages and appreciates professional press coverage of at our events, both before and during the three performances.
We must limit the number of accredited press and media people at each event in deference to fan and vendor enjoyment and profitability. Media passes for any show must be approved in advance.
NOTE: PRCA Rules prohibit media in the Arena. Only PRCA approved and carded photographers are allowed to photograph from the arena floor.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PRESS CREDENTIALS
Press passes may be issued to those applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Press must be paid professionals. Casual, amateur and fan status will not qualify.
- Press must respect the guests at the show and be “invisible” when making photos or videos.
- Websites looking for free content for their paid “Members Only” section will not be allowed credentials. Rodeo coverage must be easily available to everyone visiting your site.
- All photos must clearly describe the Franklin Rodeo and must be not be sold.
- Print, radio and television passes are considered on a case by case basis.
- Articles and features regarding the Rodeo must be published in a timely manner. Freelance media and others WILL be required to submit a sample of their writing or previous work.
- Publications/websites must be pertinent and subject to approval by the Franklin Rodeo.
- All press applications must be submitted 7 days or more prior to each performance. As long as there are press passes available, they will be issued on a first come, first serve basis. There will be no walkup press passes issued.
- The application must be filled out completely to be considered.
- Early application increases the likelihood of approval as a limited number of passes will issued.
Applying for a Show Event Press Pass
Press passes are issued to those contributing writers and reporters who have the required credentials, have met the above requirements and who will be writing positively about the Franklin Rodeo events. The Franklin Rodeo reserves the right to deny those press applicants who fail to meet these requirements.
If you feel you are qualified, scroll down to submit your online request. You will be asked to provide a sample of your writing/publication or other published media.
All applicants will receive an email indicating press status. All approved emails MUST be brought to show to be exchanged for a press badge. No exceptions will be made. Press passes will be issued on a day to day basis. All press badges must be returned to the Franklin Rodeo office at the close of each performance. Those approved for multiple days must obtain a new pass each day.
The Franklin Rodeo welcomes rodeo friendly media representatives to cover and report on one of the largest indoor rodeos east of the Mississippi.
We do require that persons applying for press credentials meet certain criteria as we have a limited number of press passes issued and we require anyone requesting a press pass to verify their position in the media, their intentions regarding photos, interviews, etc. conducted during the course of the three night event.
With the growth of BLOGS, a growning number of requests are being received for press passes based on this platform. Regretfully, we cannot issue press passes to persons based on their affiliation with or publishing of a web log. Only those who represent mass media outlets such as broadcast TV, broadcast radio, newspapers, magazines, etc. with physical distribution will be considered for an official press pass.